Monday, July 4, 2011

What's going on with my writing, an update

I don't do these very often, a sort of writerly state of the union address, insofar as what's going on with what I'm writing. But recent events compel me to do so, so here goes.

One of my publishers, Wicked Nights, has gone from being a publisher to being a co-op. What does this mean? Well, basically it means that the authors there are self-pubbed, but they help one another out with critiquing, editing, covers, promotions. I didn't like that idea. Mainly because if I wanted to be self-pubbed, I would be. Also, because I was supposed to get paid for editing, not volunteer my services. While I have friends I edit for for free, I can't do that with everyone. I really need the money, having been unemployed for over a year. So as  result, all my titles have been pulled from there.

 An annoyance?  Very much so. But since everything happens for a reason, let's take these lemons and make lemonade. My series? I can finish them and sell them intact. Captivations and Forbidden. As for Lawn Boy, SL Danielson is going to start a publishing company, and I think she'll that that. That leaves Sex on the Beach Christmas Style - I can write the sequel, put them together and hopefully sell it.

I've begun work on the third book in my To The Max series, the working title is A Time For Max, and I'm up to chapter 2. I've stopped posting Yes He's My Ex on Silver Flash Fiction Wednesdays, but I'm continuing the story, and when it's complete, I'll offer it to Silver. This week, I'm starting a new series - Lust Never Sleeps. I hope everyone likes it.  I'll show my inspirations for my main characters when I post the first chapter.

I'm going to write a sequel to Leonardo di Caprio is a Vampire, and Dark Love. And start Cheatin' Heart. Plus my YA. So I have lots to work on. That makes me very happy, as writing is everything to me.

So for right now, that's the skinny. Thanks for being my readers!  Any comments? Any suggestions?  I'd love to hear from you!

Happy Fourth!

♥ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment