Sunday, July 1, 2012

Celebrating Independence Blog Hop

On Wednesday, July 4th,  the United States of America will celebrate its 236th birthday as an independent nation. America, you've come a long way, baby.

I'm  not going to pretend that this country is perfect, or that it's the best that ever was. Sure, it has problems, but what country doesn't? But I believe that if everyone pulls together, these can be overcome. The important thing is to remember that we are Americans, that people fought and died for our right to be here, and we should be proud of who we are.

It's also important to remember that we're not here alone, and that for mankind as a whole to succeed, everybody on this planet needs to work together and put aside their differences, because face it - when push comes to shove, we're all human and we're all we've got. The differences are what make us unique, but they shouldn't separate us.

For this Independence Day, we're having a blog hop. It starts today and runs through midnight on Wednesday. Each author is giving away something - I'm giving three winners their choice from my backlist.
How do  you win? It's easy - join this blog, leave a comment on what being independent means to you, and don't forget to leave your email address.


Don't forget to see all the other authors and enter their contests too. You can find the main page here!.

















Here are just a few of the books you can choose from my backlist:



Boredom at the Junior Prom leads to a dare that leads to a kiss between two seventeen year old boys. Being gay in rural Georgia is no picnic. As circumstances force them together, Mark and Blake uncover truths about themselves, embarking on a daring relationship. But they’ve got one major strike against them already—Mark is unwilling to come out about his sexuality, and Blake doesn’t want to live in a closet. 

Can they fan the flames of their relationship, or will it sputter and die?
 






Can love conquer all? Is there such a thing as Fate? Do dreams really come true? 

To help pay for his mother’s convalescence, Jakob Kohl leaves his musical studies in Germany in order to be a paid companion to his distant cousin Albert. It’s not a pleasant existence, but Jakob does get to travel to Paris, where he meets a beautiful man who asks for his help… a mysterious man no one else can see. Jakob soon fears he may be going crazy, because he finds himself falling in love with Damien, who says they were brought together by Fate—Jakob is the only one who can rescue Damien from the shadowy world where he sleeps and waits for his dream of everlasting love and freedom to come true.










What's a man to do, I ask you, when his own mother is more accepting of his lycanthropy than his homosexuality? I'll tell you what I do: absolutely nothing. (I'm really a laid-back kind of guy, despite that werewolf thing.) Maximillian Jean-Baptiste Montague, at your service. But please, call me Max. I write a syndicated column—To The Max—offering advice to the romantically challenged, and I think I'm doing pretty well for myself. Yet I can't seem to find the backbone to stop my mother from setting me up on blind dates of the female variety. Go figure.


I do my best to get along, not cause any trouble, and keep my life on an even keel. But right now somebody's rocking my dream boat, and I don't like it. Not one little bit. My longtime live-in lover Richard is coming and going without explanation. Amy Rose, a wannabe lover from my past, is back in town, and she's brought her nephew, Morgan, who is making a play for my Richard—why does no one see that but me? And on top of all that, my mother is dating a homophobic minister, and she wants to "cure" me. Can life get any worse?






Have fun and happy blogging!

♥ Julie

18 comments:

  1. I think people tend to forget just how young our country is in comparison to the bulk of the world. I think we have made a shit ton of progress BUT there is still room for improvement. Hopefully I get to see us become the all inclusive group of humans that we have the potential to be but until then I will be thankful for the rights I have by simply living here.

    sionedkla@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fourth of July and our independence is very important to me especially because we are a military family!
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Independence is something should have.

    dannyfiredragon@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Independence is for all of us not just the ones that some people think should have it only!

    MFierydrgn@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Independence Day is very important to me. Many members of my family have served in the military. They are what it is all about.
    debby236 aT GMAIL DOT COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being independent, personally, is nice in the sense that I am free to do what I want when I want. Independence, as far as my country is concerned, is a different story. Independence for the US is the basis of everything that we are. To be free to make your own choices, to love who you want to love, to attend church or not, to believe what we want to believe. These things are what the men and women of our Armed Forces fight for everyday...they fight for our Independence.

    morris.crissy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I agree. We've come a long way, but we still have a long way to go. A very long way to go.

    ~M
    nomoretears00@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being independent is enjoying the freedom to express my opinion, to vote, to have the rights that we take for granted in the US, and which some places in the world don't have.

    strive4bst@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Independence means everyone is free not pick and choose.
    cvsimpkins@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Independence means choice. Independence means freedom. jepebATverizonDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, don't know what it did to my email address. try jenbaye@gmail.com

      Delete
  11. Independence to my is the freedom of speech, religion. The right to bear arms. Pretty much the bill of rights.Thanks for the giveaway. Happy Independence Day!
    kaylyndavis1986@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much! I love that living im America I have the right to go to school. So many women in other countires are not allowed the same rights as women
    thanks for the contest

    forettarose@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. To me it means being able to stand on your own two feet and being allowed to do so. I just got divorced after a 17 year relationship with the same guy. I had to learn to live on my own for the first time ever (went straight from my parents' house to my ex's house). I discovered I was able to do all the things I never thought I'd be able to do! It was very liberating.

    Erica Pike
    eripike at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being independent means that when push comes to shove, you know you can rely on yourself and your strengths to get you through any situation. Help from friends and loved ones is great, but you know that, even if they don't come to the rescue, you will be ok.
    Lisa
    yankssssrule08(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It means being able to be self sufficient and rely on yourself if you wanted, or to allow someone else in your life if you choose to do that. It's not because you have to in order to survive.

    I already subscribe to your blog.

    penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Being independent means being able to stick up for yourself if you choose to do so. To be whoever you want to be (not illegal stuff). To be free.

    tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 4th of July!!! Thanks for the contest! We loved watching the fireworks tonight! They were GREAT!!!

    evelynmoly@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete