Saturday, July 27, 2024

Saturday is Horror Day #176 - Warning: Do Not Play

 Warning: Do Not Play


Mi-Jung(Seo Ye-ji) is running out of time to get her horror film finished. The trouble is she's been working on one for 8 years and has gotten nowhere. But then she hears about a student film which was banned and she begins to research the film and its director. When she steals a clip of the film, she posts it online, only to be contacted by someone demanding she delete the post. Of course, she refuses, only to learn that the request has come from the film's director himself, Jae-Hyun (Jin Seon-Kyu). She agrees to meet with him, and he tells her to forget about his film, Warning. Of course, she doesn't listen.




I think what began as an interesting premise needed a little work. It becomes more of a mystery than a 


horror film, including some jump scares. I would have liked to know more about Mi-Jung, and why, if she is so determined to make a horror film, she feels the need to steal one. I would have liked more horror and less obsession on Mi-Jung's part. That being said, I think it was worth watching, however, and I've seen far worse. I've been told the director of the film has a better film called The Butcher. Might have to check that out. I'll give this film 3 Stars.






No comments:

Post a Comment