Friday, May 4, 2012

Guest Blogger MA Church

Hello and happy Friday! Today I'd like you to welcome my friend and fellow author MA Church. She's got a new book coming out that is going to blow your mind, and let me tell you, it's pretty damn hot too. And it involves tentacles. That's all I'm going to say for now. MA has also bravely answered my infamous Rick Reed questions, so let's start there. I brought along some friends who are going to dance for us, so while we grab our drinks and get settled, I'll let her start with the questions.


The Questions
1)      You’re marooned on a small island with one person and one item of your choice—who is that person and what item do you have?  *Laugh* Oh, that’s easy. It would be MacGyver.  Remember that show? And the item would be a pocket knife. I mean, really, what more would we need, lol? With that he could built a resort type shelter complete with in-ground heated pool, hunt, kill and prepare a three course meal, build a boat, and send out a distress signal from the fire he built from the trees he cut down…. Hell, he could probably build a bridge to the nearest land mass with it. LOL.


2)      Which musical would you say best exemplifies your life – and which character in that musical are you?  Oh dear, I’m so going to sound like a country hick when I say this… but I don’t do musicals. At all. Just not my thing. Maybe if I was bashed over the head, hog tied, and forced to see one… Nope, I’d sleep through it, lol. 
   
3)      Take these three words and give me a 100 word or less scenario using them:  wonder, five, pursuing.  Five little yellow baby ducks, pursuing their momma across the road, waddled to the safety of our pond.  I sat in my car, waiting patiently, as this wonder of nature took its time crossing in front of me, quacking every step.  I glanced over at the sign I posted by the road that said ‘Duck Crossing.’  Funny how all the ducks picked that spot to cross now.

4)      You’ve just been let loose in the world of fiction, with permission to do anyone you want. Who do you fuck  first and why? *Blush* Oh my God… Riddick from the movie Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick. Now, whether or not I actually lived to *tell* about it is another story! He has a voice that makes my eyes roll back in my head, I swear. So deep, so… wickedly sexy. *Shiver* I really have a thing for long hair on men, but even though he’s bald he flips my switch each and every time, lol.


5)      What is your idea of how to spend romantic time with your significant other? A night without the kids, lol. Actually, it’s not as bad as it used to be since they’re teenagers now. They have their own lives to lead. But going to the movies, then out to eat at our favorite streak house… well, that would be bliss. Then just driving around, going nowhere special, just driving so we can talk without the kids picking on each other, the phones ringing, the cat running in and out…  Bliss.


6)      When you start a new story, do you begin with a character, or a plot? I have a seedan idea that slowly builds first. As things start to fall into place, a character forms. LOL, often  I Google search images until I find something close to what I have in my head, be it locations so I can describe a red sandy beach with pink water or midnight black eyes set in a long narrow face.  I’m a visual learner. Good grief, you should see the amount of pictures I’ve saved! *Wink* Okay, yeah, some are for my viewing pleasure.


7)      If they were to make the story of your life into a movie, who should play you? Julia Roberts. When I’m not watching it I have the same explosive laugh she does, lol. She’s my favorite.


8)      Who’s your favorite horror villain and why? The wraith from Stargate Atlantis, lol. Yeah, they’re cold-blooded killers, and kinda creepy lookingokay, okay, lol, a lot creepy lookingbut even as they repulse me, I also find them sexy in a horrible way. *Grin* it makes absolutely no sense.


9)      Do you have an historical crush and if so, who is it? *scratches head* It’s not so much a crush as admiration  for American Indians from the past. The black hair, high cheek bones, tan skin appeal to me, yes, but that’s just surface. I admire the power of their beliefs and strength of will to fight for what they believed in when faced with such overwhelming odds.


10)   Is there a story that you’d like to tell but you think the world isn’t ready to receive it? Wouldn’t you know this question would pop up after what we talked about, lol! I do have something that I will never publish because it has a heavy religious reference and is dark.



Blurb

Through the darkness of space and the barriers of Time an alien warrior is driven. The need to claim the one who will be his mate sends him back to Earth for the final time after many years of watching, and waiting. Ziang, warrior from the planet Maz’Rar, has come to claim his most precious prize and start a new life.


 But an unforeseen accident results in a crash landing in a desolate wood. His plans for a quick removable of his mate is now laying in a twisted ruin at his feet, much like his space craft. And his arrival has not gone unnoticed by the United States government.

Shawn, disowned by his parents for being gay, has returned to his family home to find his father dying from a stroke and his mother unable to cope with the family business. When the dust settles he finds his mother moving away leaving him with the family home and business in a small town he swore he never wanted to see again.

Unsure what he wants, the decision is taken from him by a fiery crash in the woods near his home and an alien that has come to claim him as his mate. The very same alien that has been observing him since age six when he made a wish upon a shooting star in the middle of the night.

Tensions mount as they are forced to hide Ziang while he waits three days for rescue. Will Shawn go with this being from another world? Will he be given a choice? Or will Ziang be captured by the military never to be seen from again; just another UFO myth in a long line of many?



Well, it looks like the show's about to start, so if you'll excuse us... 


Have any questions for MA? Any comments? I'm telling you Nighttime Wishes is a very hot, very awesome romance like nothing you've ever read before. I know - I read it! She'd love to hear from you!


Until next time, take care!


♥ Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment