Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday Briefs: The Sheriff #54 (13.2)

Good morning and Happy Hump Day! If it's Wednesday, then it must be time for more flash fiction from the Wednesday Briefers! We're a group of authors who bring you our finest flash fiction every week, 500 to 1000 words, inspired by one of our prompts.

It looks like things have just gotten better for Roy and Dustin, what with Jordan being caught and taken off to jail. But what does this mean? Are they over now? See what's happening in this week's episode of The Sheriff. Don't forget to visit the other Briefers and see what's up with them. Their links follow my tale! Enjoy!

The Sheriff #54 (13.2)

The ordeal was finally over. Jordan and his little friends were safely locked up where they couldn’t hurt anyone, particularly Dustin. Harlan had assured Roy that bail would be set high, once he made his report to the judge. With his accomplices already having rolled on their friend in order to reduce their own sentences, Jordan would be going away for quite some time.

They’d driven to the police department to see if Harlan needed them for anything. Jordan didn’t look quite so self-assured now. In fact, the pretty boy looked downright scared, as the reality of what he was facing hit him. He sat beside a deputy’s desk, handcuffed, while the deputy typed up arrest papers. As Dustin and Roy walked past, on the way to Harlan’s office, Jordan cleared his throat, as if he had something to say to Dustin.

“Hey, Dusty…”

 Roy tensed, but Dustin didn’t even look Jordan’s way, and the moment passed.

They made their reports to Harlan who then them to go home, get some rest, he’d call them if he needed them. Roy was more than happy to do just that. They headed outside. Dustin pulled out his phone and called Denver to let him know it was safe for him to go back to the apartment if he wanted. Now, only one question remained. Roy didn’t want to ask, but he felt compelled to do so, now that the immediate threat was over.

“Would you like… do you want me to drop you off at your place?” He thought he managed to keep his voice fairly level, not betraying any of the turmoil his question raised inside him. He didn’t want Dustin to go, but he sure as hell wasn’t going to try to force him into anything he didn’t want to do, either. It was completely up to him.

When Dustin didn’t answer immediately, Roy raised his eyes to meet his, gripped by a feeling of apprehension.

“You mean instead of going to Rye’s place, with Denver?” Dustin said, almost like he was trying to feel Roy out or something.

“I mean instead of coming home with me,” Roy said bluntly.

“I want to be with you, Roy,” Dustin said without hesitation. “As long as you’ll have me.”

Roy circled Dustin in his arms and kissed him softly. “What if I said forever?” he asked.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I’d like you to move in with me. Permanently. “

The look in Dustin’s eyes was incredulous. “Sheriff Landry, are you asking me to live with you? Seriously?”

“Seriously,” Roy affirmed. “As long as you want to stay. Or until you get tired of me. But I want to get something straight first.”

Dustin took a deep breath. “Okay, what’s that?”

“I’m not looking for a roommate. I want to share my life with you, Dustin. I want to be with you.” He gently stroked Dustin’s cheek, locking eyes with him. “This isn’t just about sex, although that’s great. I enjoy your company, I like talking to you. I think you’re a great guy, and I think I’ve fallen in love with you. If that all sounds good to you, then I hope you’ll accept my offer and move in.”

Roy wasn’t sure what Dustin’s reaction would be. He’d heard Dustin’s heartfelt confession earlier, just hadn’t had a chance to respond. This was his response. But if Dustin didn’t want him exclusively… well, then no hard feelings, he would be moving on.

As all these thoughts churned through Roy’s mind, Dustin solved the question by wrapping his arms around Roy and pressing their lips together. When they finally came up for air, Dustin said, “There’s nothing in the world I’d rather do than be with you, Roy.” He rubbed himself against Roy. There was no mistaking what he wanted…the same thing Roy did.

“Then let’s go home,” Roy said, his voice husky with emotion and desire.

to be continued

Now go visit the other Briefers and see what's up!



No comments:

Post a Comment