Thursday, February 7, 2013

Guest Blogger BL Morticia

Please welcome author and muse BL Morticia, one of the three nom de plumes/persona of my good friend and fellow author Sharita! BL is here to talk about her latest release, which was inspired by heavy metal music. So let me throw on some Metallica, fire up a bong, and get this party started, BL!











Inspired by Metal
BLMorticia

Greetings peeps. Welcome to another post from the wicked gal, BLMorticia.

Today, I’m posting about the music I use as inspiration while writing. What does that usually entail? Well, it could be anything from something simple like light jazz or contemporary to something heavy like Devildriver or some old fashioned Metallica.

A lot of writers complain they must have complete silence; the music distracts them when they try and create. Well, I’m different. I need the music, especially if the scene is highly emotional or filled with tension.

If it’s a light-hearted scene with a bit of comedy? Maybe something upbeat, or a dance tune that gets me thinking some happy thoughts. Or if it’s overly romantic with hot sex, like the first scene between Nathan and Bryant in My Lieutenant, it was some slow, “baby-making” tunes like Sade or the Love Jones Soundtracks, which all of us muses listen to frequently.

However, since I am the wicked muse, I mostly turn on the heavy metal to write by. During You Don’t Ask, We Don’t Tell, a lot of the moments with Cody, as he tried to deal with the fact he was gay, were tense and needed that rockin’ soundtrack to get him thinking of angst. For that, I turned on the iTunes satellite radio and left it on the Dark Metal station.


Perfect music for the angsty piece! Old Metallica, Megadeth, Lamb of God, Pantera, old Sevendust, Slayer, etc to get Cody in the mindset of anger over his father, his situation where he left behind his lover, and dealing with his own mistake of joining the army when he didn’t have to.

*raises the hands and flashes the horns*

Now for The Wretched Tales, my muses listened to a little of everything I’ve mentioned and brought it into this series. Corey even talks about real metal bands in the book, comparing his fictional band The Wretched with today’s biggest metal acts. Because I’m an avid listener of metal, it was easy to create my own series with distinct characters. Some of the same angst, tension, and adrenaline is portrayed in The Wretched Tales. Hope you’ll pick up the first book, Corey’s Debut!

Blurb: Corey Patrick has arrived, fresh out of Boston to perform with The Wretched, one of the biggest bands on the planet. Immediately, the bass player takes advantage of the perks provided including hobnobbing with members of the press!

Over the loudspeaker
“Ladies and gentlemen, crowd surfing and/or moshing will result in immediate dismissal from the venue. Enjoy the show.”
 In a drug filled haze, I stood on the stage with my new band mates. The lights dimmed, the crowd chanting, “Wretched, wretched,” in unison, throwing up the horns as if in a similar trance. I’d been with several acts, toiling in the background as the spare, the fill in, the resident head banger while others gained the spotlight. Now was my turn to be the one. And even better in the most sought after metal act from the west coast of North America, The Wretched.
“You ready Corey? You better play your ass off tonight so they’ll forget about Randy’s stupid butt,” yelled Nicolai Zander with a wry smile.
Excited as a pig in shit, I responded with a nod and gave my bass a couple of plucks.
Once he turned his attention back to the crowd, he changed his expression immediately from smirk to scowl. The short, pudgy runt everyone came to know and love stalked the stage like Napoleon with a microphone in hand. As per usual, Nicolai donned baggy black trousers with pockets down both sides, chains hanging from every loop and hole. His Testament t-shirt and his trademark cowboy boots had both seen better days, but it made up the persona known as Nicolai Zander. The, ‘I don’t give a fuck ‘cause I’m the leader of this bunch of misfits’ kind of look. Glassy greenish blue eyes peered at his minions, and he returned their adulation with his own one finger salute and tongue wag.
Damn
  “Wretched, wretched, wretched…” the swarm of metal heads chanted, the spotlight shone on me, then Nicolai one after the other. Within seconds, the background music faded, and drummer Bryan started the first beats of our legendary song Devil’s Isle.
“YEOOOHHHH…” Nicolai screeched like a cat in heat and threw his gloved fist up in the air. True metalers formed a circle pit, running into one another, arms up, the looks on their faces, pure aggression. Others leapt on top of various shoulders, attempting to surf closer to the stage causing the security guys a lot of headache, but I fucking loved it.
This is what I’ve wanted other than a steady lay I could call my very own. This is my fucking life! This is what every young man dreams about from puberty in mom’s house to grown ass man living in mom’s basement.
I am Corey from the Wretched, and I have arrived!

For more info on the Wretched Series, follow Corey Patrick on Twitter and the Metalrotica blog



BLMorticia is currently a published writer with Naughty Nights Press and Rebel Ink Press. She entertains her readers with hot and smexy sex, humor, and lots of swear words. She attempts to incorporate metal music or the military in most of her works. Nothin’ sexier than metalheads or military servicemen and women! She also writes a biweekly column on Blak Rayne Books and blogs on the First Thursday of the month at NNP Blog. For more info, please visit, Erotica With Snark


Thanks for stopping by, BL! Always a pleasure!

Until next time, take care!

♥ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment