Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Snark!

I'm participating in Marie Sexton's Saturday Snark blog hop again! This time, I'm giving you a little bite from Revelations, which will be coming out in February from  Muse it Up Publishing. Revelations is something a bit different. It's my contemporary Biblical story about Judas and Jesus. This is from the prologue, and the speaker is God. Hope  you enjoy! As I have no cover yet, I'll use something else for now.  :) Don't forget to check out the rest of the hop!


I glance at him. He’s dressed to within an inch of his life, and wears the most ridiculous sunglasses I’ve ever seen. I decide not to comment on his fashion sense. “I think he might, this time. I think he’s ready for change.”
            Lucifer snorts. “It’s been two thousand years, and neither one has exactly caught on yet. Why should this time be any different?”
            “Care to put your money where your mouth is?”
            He eyes me carefully. “I would, but you see you have this whole mystic omnipotent God thing going on. Personally, I don’t care for those odds.”
            I arch an eyebrow. “I may be omnipotent, but Jesus does have free will and he does possess the ability to make his own decisions. You think I’d stack the deck in my son’s favor? Just to win a bet with you?”
            “Let’s say I’m taking no chances.” He smiles. “Tell you what, though—give me free rein.  Let me do what I want, and you not say anything or do anything to interfere with me? As far as they’re concerned, that is.”
            I open my mouth to object, he hastily interjects. “No killing, I swear to it.”
            That’s better. I still have some measure of control over the serpent.





Until next time, take care!

♥ Julie

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that serpent.

    What an interesting premise for a book! I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it! I have a page on FB for Revelations - feel free to stop by and check it out

      https://www.facebook.com/RevelationsJLHayes

      Thanks for stopping by, Holley!

      Delete
  2. Definitely sounds interesting, Julie. Yes, indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is an interesting concept for a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought God was under-utilized as a character. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete