Saturday, September 29, 2012

Guest Blogger Alicia Nordwell

Good morning! Happy Saturday! Please welcome my friend and fellow author, Alicia Nordwell, whose first  book, Pricolici, was just released! Alicia, have a seat, I'll make something to drink. Go ahead and start if you would.








The Questions
1)      You’re marooned on a small island with one person and one item of your choice—who is that person and what item do you have?
The Professor, you know from Gilligan's Island? Cause frankly, I love smart men and he was pretty damn smexy. I'd smack him upside the head if he tried to make coconut phones, but I'm sure he could rig up a solar battery for my kindle that I'd just have to take to keep me busy while he figures out how to get us out of there. (I couldn't help, obviously, the sun is so not my friend! I'd be on a palm frond pallet under the treeline.

2)      Which musical would you say best exemplifies your life – and which character in that musical are you?
I don't like musicals, so I really can't say.

3)      Take these three words and give me a 100 word or less scenario using them:  bounce,  committed, breakfast
I bounce in his lap, my back arched. His hands clench on the headboard, giving me free rein to take what I want. He'd teased me for hours last night, left me wanting, my need unquenched. My dreams had been full of erotic scenes.
Now I have the power. I'd considered teasing him but need committed me to my course. I drive him hard, taking what I needed.
"Soon?" Miquel groans.
I gasp when he thrusts up. "Now!" We groan together.
I slump against his chest. He smells spicy and good. My stomach rumbles.
"Time for breakfast?" I ask hopefully.

4)      You’ve just been let loose in the world of fiction, with permission to do anyone you want. Who do you fuck first and why?
Oh gods. Hands down, James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser. I don't like other reds (being one myself) but jeez, Gabaldon created one incredibly hot and sweet man. I like his 18th century machismo too, it's cute.  Plus, he wears a kilt. Easy access!

5)      What is your idea of how to spend romantic time with your significant other?
We're lame, after 15 years together it's usually dinner and time without our bratlings. 2 weeks ago he got off work early and texted me 'Hey, you know what? We could go to the dump together, like a date! Just the two of us!' Yeah. Suave is his middle name.

6)      When you start a new story, do you begin with a character, or a plot?
Same time? Seriously, usually I get a vague 'Oh I should write a story with this *insert element* and sit down with a document and start writing. The characters come as the story comes. I don't think I even a bio for them until I've gotten a chapter or two into the story.

7)      If they were to make the story of your life into a movie, who should play you?
I guess a younger Susan Sarandon. I love her attitude and well, frankly, I'm a smartass.

8)      Who’s your favorite horror villain and why?
Umm ... No. No favorite horror anything. *points to self* BIG giant wuss.

9)      Do you have an historical crush and if so, who is it?
Not a real one, lol. Though I don't think I'd say no to a hot, manly Highlander ala Jamie Fraser from Outlander!

10)   Is there a story that you’d like to tell but you think the world isn’t ready to receive it?
Nah, I don't think I can get out there too much more. I had one guy get a bite taken of him by a Carthera that kept threatening to eat him.

Story Blurb:
Forced out, Tucker was vulnerable and alone. Betrayed by his haitas, he unknowingly drove straight for Pricolici territory. Their alpha claimed him, as a hultan and his mate. Tucker didn't believe him ... at first. Facing an attack from Stelian's ancient enemy, Tucker found out what he truly was.

Powerful.

Excerpt:

“Did someone try to hurt you on your way here? Were you attacked by a human?” Stelian’s voice was a low snarl.
“No!” Tucker clenched his hands into fists.
“Shane got lucky then.”
Tucker tried to stay calm and ignore his resentment at the lupe’s obvious belief that he was too weak to protect himself from anyone. “I can handle the humans and if you’ll just let me go, then my freaky pheromone problem won’t affect anyone in your haitas either. I’ll leave right now.”
Stelian’s nostrils flared as his hands slid over his lower stomach toward the waistband of his pants. “What makes you think they haven’t already? That I’m not thinking about bending you over that table and mounting you right now?” Stelian smirked at him.
 He shuddered a little at the heat in Stelian's voice, and the look in those fierce eyes.
Shit! He hadn't really noticed but Stelian had moved closer as they talked, inch by slow inch. Amazingly, Stelian was only several feet away, and Tucker could feel the alpha’s aura flowing toward him. He hadn't realized his awareness of the lupe’s power was gone until that moment. Stelian dominated the room even without the power that reinforced his place in his haitas.

"Don't worry, you're in my territory now." There was satisfaction in Stelian's voice. "If your haitas didn't know what they had, then it’s not my place to enlighten them."

"What they—” Tucker froze when Stelian stalked around the table. He grabbed the chair and slung it sideways. Stelian’s huge hands slammed down on either side of Tucker and his arms made a cage, penning Tucker when the smaller lupe would have tried to bolt.

"Oh yes. You're very special," Stelian said as he bent down to drag his nose up Tucker's neck. A stinging bite at Tucker's ear and a low growl stopped him when he tried to jerk his head back.

"Don't."

Tucker froze at the order from a voice laced with the wolf's growl. The ache he’d felt earlier from the bartender had nothing on the way he felt from the suddenly overwhelming surge of lust that emanated from Stelian.
Something welled up inside him and Tucker felt his eyes shift. Everything became sharper and clearer when he saw through the eyes of his wolf. He knew his normally murky green eyes now shone as golden as the larger lupe's.
Entranced by the angles and shadows he'd missed with his human eyes, Tucker stared at Stelian's dusky skin where it stretched tight over his sharp cheekbones. The Pricolici were mostly old lupes that had emigrated from Romania. They’d passed that coloring on to their pups. Stelian’s Romanian blood gave him a deep skin tone and even the yellow eyes of an excited werewolf looked natural on him, as if he was never fully human.

Tucker couldn't help but lick his lips as he stared at the strange lupe's strong and handsome face that matched the hard, muscular body he’d been pinned against earlier. All lupes were stronger than they looked, but Stelian was taller and more heavily muscled than the biggest male in his old haitas. Unbidden, the power inside Tucker poured forth and met Stelian's aura.

There was a sensation of blending, a mingling of two different yet similar forces. Stelian’s hand was hot against Tucker's neck as he tugged at his chain, pulling his face closer to Stelian's. The lupe's breath puffed against his lips, only inches away from Tucker’s. It startled Tucker and he jerked away, his power snapping back inside him like a rubber band as his chair tipped over backward.

Additional info:
Ebook will be on sale on Friday, Sept. 28th at: 

Thank you so much for stopping by, Alicia! Pricolici was one damn hot book, I'm here to tell you. I loved these guys, and I know you will too!

Until next time, take care!

♥ Julie


2 comments:

  1. No, thank you! Not only did you help give the story the polish it needed, you've been guiding me on how and where to promo it. It's been an incredible help. Thanks so much for featuring me today too, Pricolici has been doing incredibly well and I'm just floored. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been my pleasure! Hugs back! I loved your story, and I hope you write more about them!

      Delete