Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Snark

Happy Saturday! Time for more snarp from my WIP - When Will I See You Again. I hope you enjoy it, and don't forget to check out the other snarky authors who are participating here, at Marie Sexton's blog!

This is my vision of Raoul

“You’re the amazing one, Raoul.” Jamie’s voice was muffled against his slick chest.  He began to idly play with some of the dark curly hairs that sprouted there. Raoul made no move to stop him.

“I bet you’re just dying to curl those too,” he teased.

Jamie smirked broadly. “How’d you know?”

“Because I can read your mind.”

“Oh? Werewolf and mentalist? You should take that act on the road.”

“Maybe I will.” A contented chuckle welled up in Raoul’s chest as he gently stroked Jamie’s back. It died away as reality began to fall back into place. “We can’t stay here forever, you know.”

“Who’s gonna look for us?” Jamie propped his elbows on Raoul’s chest, fixing his eyes on him.

“People,” he replied vaguely, waving his hand in the general direction of the house, and the party they’d left.

“Did you want to go back there?”

“Not really,” Raoul replied frankly. “I prefer to be here with you.” Jamie’s grin only grew broader at the 
admission. “Don’t get a swelled head, or think you’re hot shit or anything.”

“Not me.” Jamie laughed. “Hey, you haven’t forgotten what you promised, have you?”

“Me, promise anything? I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Raoul cast an innocent glance skyward.

“Don’t mess with me; you know exactly what I’m talking about.” Jamie punched him lightly in the chest; Raoul feigned a groan.!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh, he is a vision for sure! Haven't read a good shifter book in awhile, either. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do that! Thanks for stopping by. Have you seen Attila, the film I got that picture from? Definitely worth watching!

      Delete
  2. Now that's how I saw Raoul too!!! OMG how cool.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get him for the cover! How cool would that be?

      Delete
  3. Sexy picture and fun snarky words. I'm wanting more. :) Raoul is hot.

    ReplyDelete