This week's Top Ten Tuesday challenge is to list ten books I'll probably never read. That's harder than you might think. Most of the books I probably won't read are due to lack of time, not interest. But I can think of a few that do fill the bill, so let's see how many I can come up with.
Here's my list. As usual, in no particular order. And because I have no interest in them, I won't look up their covers.
1. the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - Ever since I learned she plagiarized her very popular fanfiction, I knew I could not read anything by this author. There is nothing so heinous as claiming credit for what someone else has written. 'Nuff said.
2. Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (or anything new by her) - I read the first six books in this series, and hated the sixth one with a passion. It made me cry, and I vowed I would not read the last one. My reasons are rather personal ones, and most people wouldn't understand, so I'll just say I have no interest in her any more.
3. the Sleeping Beauty series by Anne Rice's alter ego whose name I don't remember - Sadly, I own all the books Started to read the first one and was bored shitless. Too much spanking and not a lot else. I haven't even been able to give these away. That should tell you something.
4. The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien - I tried it, but I'm sorry, it's boring as hell, not going to try again.
5. The Bible - read parts of it, but to sit down and read it cover to cover is something I'll never do.
6. anything that claims a storyline of mfm, mmm, mmmmmf, or any other combination or variation. In other words, no menage, or whatever the hell you call the rest of that (personally, I call it a whole lot of sluttiness, but that's just my opinion)
7. Ulysses by James Joyce - What little I've seen of it looks very dry and boring.
Well, I'm stumped here. If I can think of anything else, I'll add it later.