Happy Mother's day to all the mothers out there, whether your children are human or furry! I thought we'd have a little fun today and take a look at some mothers throughout history. You know all mothers are not created equal, right? Some are better than others.
In 1970, Roger Corman made a film about Ma Barker and her brood - Bloody Mama - starring St. Louisan Shelley Winters, in which he depicted them as vicious, bloodthirsty and depraved, not to mention homosexual and incestuous. I'm not sure there is any evidence to support any of this. Typical Hollywood drama.
2. Mother Goose - the mythical author of a number of fairy tales and nursery rhymes, which are still
3. Mary, mother of Jesus - One of the most well-known and most revered mothers of all time,
4. Magda Goebbels - wife of Propaganda Minister Josef Goebbels, she was a devout follower of
6. Carol Brady - This widowed mother of three daughters met the widowed father of three sons - and
Now for some famous mothers and their children.
1. Judy Garland and Liza Minelli
2. Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I
3. Princess Diana and her sons, William and Harry
4. Morticia Addams with Wednesday and Puggsley
These are just a few mothers, of course, and there are many many more - you know who you are. I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful day!
Happy Mother's Day!