Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hell's Kitchen is Trying to drive me insane!

So I just watched last night's two hour Hell's Kitchen, and damned if I didn't think my wish was gonna come true, to see Elise sent packing, never to hear her big mouth flap again!

Ah, sweet dreams, gone too soon!


********spoilers ahead***********


At the end of the first hour, Carrie was given the boot. It didn't pain me to see her go as much as it pained me not to see Elise go. I could have thought of others that should have gone before Carrie. But I kept the hope alive that Elise would follow her at the end of the next episode.

No such luck. We lost Natalie. Now the teams are even again. I think, though, that before Natalie went, Tommy should go. He brings dumb to a whole new level. Ah well, I don't believe that Elise will run the course. My prediction for the final two, at least as I see it, is Jennifer and Will. I think they're the two most serious contenders.

Great news for Jim Longworth and The Glades - Callie has finally filed for divorce! I hope this means my two favorite people on the show will be getting back together again! Although judging from previews of next week's season finale, Jim's gonna have competition. Should be interesting. I really love that show and I hope they pick it up for a third season. Right now that's all I watch on A&E. It's fallen a lot in my estimation over the past few years. It used to stand for quality programming. Not so much now.

Sarah and I watched the first episode of Sandwich King, with Jeff Mauro. As you'll recall, he was winner of Network Food Star. And judging by his first show, their judgment was not wrong. He made a home-made Italian sandiwch, and a hybrid foccacia/panini, and something else, I forget what it was. But everything looked delicious. He went on location to a sandwich shop in Elmwood Park, Illnois, and we saw how this guy made his sandwiches. Jeff's version looked quite delicious, and easy for the home cook to make. The recipes are all on Food Network's site. Nicely done, Jeff! I look forward to seeing more from you.

All for now, got a couple deadlines to make. Tomorrow is Silver Flash Wednesday, and I have something new to show off. Hope you like it.

Got any questions or comments? I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time, take care!

♥ Julie

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I've never seen this show...but enjoyed hearing your account!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food Network has some fun shows! A new Chopped Masters starts next week!

    Thanks for stopping by, Carol, and listening to my rambling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah I've got to catch up on HK!!!!!! :) It sucks not having cable anymore. I'm so used to being able to watch shows on the day they come on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I record and watch usually the next day, fast forward through commercials lol

    ReplyDelete