Saturday, July 1, 2023

Saturday is Horror Day #120 - Predestination

 Predestination


The Barkeep (Ethan Hawke) isn't the bartender he seems to be. He is actually a temporal agent, who plans to retire...but first he has to catch the one criminal who has managed to elude him for years. And he has to do it before he kills more people than ever before. Known as the Fizzle bomber, he has chased him through time. Of course, the Barkeep has the advantage of knowing when in time to find him. But so far, all his efforts have been for naught.





As a bartender, it's his job to meet many people, and it's not surprising that he strikes up conversations with many of his customers. While speaking to one person, he learns that he writes under the title of The Unmarried Mother (Sarah Snook). But The UM says he has a even more surprising story to tell. The Barkeep is skeptical, so they place a wager, and the tale begins. The Barkeep is shocked at the first words, as the UM says "When I was a little girl..."


Predestination is a story about time travel. I won't go into any more detail, because I don't want to give 


spoilers. This film should be appreciated without any forehand knowledge. I will say this about that - Predestination blew my mind...multiple times. I didn't see the twists coming, and I've never seen anything like this before.

This movie is well-written and directed, but I have to give the greatest kudos to Sarah Snook for her performance.


I honestly went into this with few expectations, didn't really know what it was about other than time travel, not a particular fan of Ethan Hawke, but I came away a believer. This film definitely warrants a second look at least, and I'll be glad to do that. See for yourself and let me know if you agree. I give this film 4.5 Stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment