Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Wednesday Briefs: In Pieces #67 (16.4)

Good morning and Happy Hump Day! If it's Wednesday, then it must be time for more flash fiction from the Wednesday Briefers! We're a group of authors who bring you our finest flash fiction every week, 500 to 1000 words, inspired by one of our prompts.

Ben and Ryan have a little time to kill before they have to get ready for Salvation's concert. How will they spend it? Find out in this week's chapter of In Pieces! Don't forget to visit the other Briefers and see what they've been doing! Their links follow my tale! Enjoy!

In Pieces #67 (16.4)


Despite what the others might have thought, nothing happened in Ben and Ryan’s motel room… nothing other than a lot of cuddling and kissing. They undressed, and lay together beneath the blankets. Ryan wanted to make sure Ben was rested for Salvation’s gig that night. Maybe this time they’d get in some dancing. At least he’d try.

Playing big spoon, Ryan wrapped his arms around Ben, pressing close against him. “Remember when we used to spoon in my bed at home?”

“Mmhmm,” Ben murmured. “How could I forget?” He laid his arms possessively across Ryan’s forearms. “I could feel how much you wanted me, even through your sleep pants. I wanted to be with you… so badly.”

“Me too,” Ryan admitted. “But I was afraid to act on my desires, to do what I wanted.”

“Afraid? Why?” Ben rolled over in Ryan’s embrace and looked into his eyes.

“You were only fifteen.” Ryan’s fears seemed groundless now, but at the time, he couldn’t stop worrying about their situation. “I was eighteen. I didn’t want… want to take advantage of you. I wanted you to choose who and what you wanted.”

Ben raised one finger and traced a line around Ryan’s lips. “You never could. You’re the only one I’ve ever wanted. The only one I’ll ever want.” He kissed his fingertip then pressed it lightly against Ryan’s lips.

“You’re the only one for me too,” Ryan said. “I guess I didn’t want… anyone”—he’d almost said your mother but amended it at the last moment—“to accuse me of statutory or anything. Plus, I didn’t want our first time to be where Dad could hear us.”

Ben fell silent for a moment. Ryan wondered if he’d said something wrong.

“Do you think he knew?” Ben asked. Ryan thought he saw a shadow of concern in Ben’s eyes.

“About us?”

“Yeah.”

Ryan didn’t answer immediately, thinking back. “It’s hard to say. We didn’t talk about… well, you know.  What happened.  At first, I was afraid he’d get upset. After a while, it just didn’t seem the right time. Cassie’s never mentioned that he knew, but maybe he never said anything to her.” He sighed, leaning his forehead against Ben’s.

“You said something about our first time. Did you always know we would be together like this?”

“Yeah.” Ryan kissed Ben softly. “At least I always hoped I’d find you again someday. If someone had told me we’d never see each other, I don’t think I could have taken it. Being without you has been hell.”

“You have no idea.” Ben kissed Ryan passionately, and they immersed themselves in one another, words becoming unnecessary.

They didn’t have to be at the dance club until 8, which would give them plenty of time to set up before they played. Aiden and Abby volunteered to get fast food burgers for everyone, which they ate in the twin’s room.  Keanu was quick to remind them, they could always find an all-night place if they were still hungry after the last set. When Deacon wanted to know when Keanu wasn’t hungry, everyone laughed.

Afterward, they returned to their rooms to dress. Ryan was surprised to learn that Ben had more than one set of priest’s robes. The one he wore tonight had a little capelet which fell around his shoulders, edged in gold, and a salmon-colored belt with a long tie that fell down the front. Ben added violet contacts,  as well as a gold cross on a matching slender chain hung about his neck. The effect was altogether stunning.

“Good thing you’re not really a priest,” Ryan joked, his eyes raking up and down his lover in open admiration.

“If I was, guess I’d be breaking some vows.” Ben grinned, and Ryan couldn’t help but smile back.

“And I guess I’d be helping you break those vows,” Ryan commented.

“No one else.” Ben pivoted, glancing over one shoulder in a decidedly come hither fashion. Ryan groaned.

“If we only had time….”

“If we only had time, what?” Ben asked.

“I’d start breaking those vows right this minute, I promise you that.”

Ben closed the brief distance between them, gazing intently into Ryan’s eyes. “If we had the time, I’d climb up on that bed and spread my legs so fast, it would make your head spin.”

That image alone was enough to make Ryan’s cock begin to swell. While Ben could hide an erection behind his priestly façade, Ryan’s suit was not made for such things. Maybe stepping outside would cool his ardor off. That and taking care of business.

“God, you’re making me hard,” he breathed. “I mean making this hard. Shit, I don’t know what I mean.”

Ben kissed him softly, darting a quick glance south. “Don’t worry, we’ll take care of that later. That I guarantee. C’mon, grab your laptop and let’s go meet the others. It’s about time to go.”

As he trailed Ben from their motel room, Ryan decided that no matter what, before they went to sleep that night, he would show Ben just how much he really loved him.

to be continued

Now go see what the other Briefers are up to!



No comments:

Post a Comment