Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wednesday Briefs: Moving Forward #48 (11.3)

Good morning and Happy Hump Day! If it's Wednesday, it must be time for some flash fiction from the Wednesday Briefers! We're a group of authors who bring you our finest flash fiction every week, from 500 to 1000 words, inspired by one of our prompts.

Lee and Marshall have had an eventful day, it's time to relax in the hot tub! Join them in this next episode of Moving Forward! And don't forget to check out the other Briefers to see what they're up to. Their links follow my tale! Enjoy!

Moving Forward #48 (11.3)


The hot tub was warm and soothing to Marshall’s aching muscles. He relaxed against Lee, watching the sun set below the horizon, fiery reds turning to purple and blue stripes. He’d never seen anything so lovely in his life.

The Wandering Star was due to set sail soon for the next stop, the island of St. John. Once there, they’d be able to go to the nude beach Lee had spoken of.

“What’s the name of that beach again?” Marshall asked.

“Salomon,” Lee replied. “There’s a couple ways to get there. Both involve walking, though. Are you sure you’re up to it?”

Marshall tilted his head and cast Lee an indignant look. “Do I look like an invalid to you? I’d be more worried about you than me.”

“You mean because of my advanced age?” Lee teased as he arched a brow.

“I wasn’t going to say that, but if the shoe fits…” Marshall couldn’t suppress his grin.

“Keep that up and I’ll show you where my shoe fits.” Despite his words, Lee couldn’t keep from smiling himself. “Good thing we brought extra sun block. Don’t want your dainties to burn, do we?”

Marshall snorted. “Aren’t you worried about yours?”

“Nope. I intend to put mine where the sun don’t shine.” He gave Marshall a knowing look, and Marshall turned hot and cold all over, knowing exactly what Lee meant. The idea of being fucked by Lee on a nude beach was intoxicating.

“I suggest you remember towels if you don’t want sand in your ass.” Lee grinned widely.

That was painful to even think about.  “Towels it is,” Marshall agreed. “Want me to bring your rubber ducky too?”

“You’re very funny. I guess you’ll need your water wings, won’t you?”        
 
“You know damn well I can swim, old man,” Marshall retorted. “You taught me yourself.”

“Did I?” Lee feigned surprise. “Huh, I guess I did at that.” He placed a gentle kiss at the base of Marshall’s neck, then a few more along his shoulder.

Marshall closed his eyes and relaxed into Lee’s touch. “Lee?”

“Mmmm?’

“I just want to say thank you again, for bringing me on this cruise. This has been amazing.”

“It has been, hasn’t it?” Lee said. “I couldn’t imagine being here with anyone but you. You make it perfect.”

Marshall warmed at Lee’s words. He pulled Lee’s arm across his chest and held it close to his heart.

“I meant what I said,” Lee continued. “We’re going to take more trips, see more places. We can afford it, we’re doing well.  Why have money if you don’t use it, right?“

“I like that idea. Very much.” They snuggled together in the warm water, as the night settled warmly around them, and the sounds of the other decks floated on the breeze.

“Mind if we eat in tonight?” Marshall asked. “I think I’d like to keep you all to myself, if you don’t mind. Maybe tomorrow we can see if Denver and Dustin want to go with us to the beach. What do you think? Would you mind?”

“Eating in? Not at all. I like the idea of being alone with you quite a bit,” Lee said.

“What about the rest of it? If not, that’s cool too.”

“I have no problem with that,” Lee replied without hesitation. “I never expected us to be alone on this trip, and we certainly knew they were coming. We’ve always liked Denver. And if Dustin means what he said about turning over a new life, then why not?”

“Sounds like a plan,” Marshall murmured contentedly. “You know what sounds good for dinner?”

“What’s that?”

“A great big thick steak with grilled onions and a big baked potato along with it. Maybe a hot fudge sundae for dessert.”

“I like the way you think. We can order in a little bit.”

There was no rush, Marshall knew. Room service ran twenty-four hours. He just wanted to enjoy this moment with Lee right now.

to be continued

Now go see what the other Briefers are up to!






No comments:

Post a Comment