Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday Briefs: Rose and Thorne #9

Happy Hump Day, one and all! If it's Wednesday, then it must be time for more flash fiction from the Wednesday Briefers! We're a group of writers who bring you our best flash fiction every week, from 500 to 1000 words, inspired by one of our prompts!

This week is a temporary good-bye to Vinnie and Ethan, but hopefully you'll be able to see them in their entirety after I sub them to a publisher, so keep your fingers crossed! There is no Moving Forward this week, but Marshall and Lee will be back next and for a long time to come after that, until their second book is done. I still plan to offer the first book as a free read, just haven't had a chance to get it ready yet.

Appropriately enough, in this week's episode, Vinnie and Ethan are making love. 'Nuff said! Don't forget to see what the other Briefers have been up to. Their links follow my tale! Enjoy!

Rose and Thorne #9 (2.5)


We began to move together in the rhythm of our familiar dance. Every nerve ending I possessed thrummed with pleasure. I was never so complete as when Ethan and I were joined, I never felt as whole. It wasn’t like I was incomplete without him, or considered myself less of a person, but when we were together, we were one.

I reached for my aching cock and began to stroke it, the need to come so strong I could taste it. He gently wrapped his hand around mine and pumped along with me, mirroring his powerful thrusts inside me.

When his movements became shorter and harder, I knew he was close, just as I knew I was almost there myself. He tightened our combined grip about my slick shaft. I responded with a moan. My balls drew back against my body, tightening almost unbearably. I had to release, had to do it right damn now.

I came long and hard, my cock spasming as I covered our hands with cum. My entire body was alive with the orgasm that shook me as I screamed Ethan’s name.  He continued to pound inside me. I wanted him to come, needed to be filled by him. I tightened my muscles around his cock, meeting him thrust for thrust. He covered my mouth with his own, our lips melding together as I felt the warmth of his release inside me.

Afterward, Ethan leaned his forehead against mine as he caught his breath. I never got tired of looking into his eyes. Soulgazing, he liked to call it. He claimed he could see how beautiful my soul was. Ethan is just chock full of Southern charm, isn’t he? No wonder I’m crazy mad in love with him, and have been ever since we first met.

Well, mostly.

“Is this your idea of resting, Detective Delarosa?” He quirked his lips into a sexy smile which belied his words.

“I didn’t exactly hear you say no, Detective Thorne,” I countered, placing a small kiss at the corner of his mouth.

“I should make you do without for a week to teach you to take care of yourself…”

“But then you’d have to do without this beautiful bod for that same week, and I don’t think you can do that.”

“I guess this is what’s known as a Mexican standoff, isn’t it?”

“Looks that way.”

He kissed me softly, then rolled onto his back so I could lay my head against his chest, my favorite post-coital position. I could feel the comforting rise and fall of his heart beating against my ear. I knew we had to get up soon so we could get cleaned up and go to sleep, but I didn’t want to move. I just wanted to bask in our afterglow as long as possible and treasure this moment with Ethan.

“Do you think we might get lucky?” I asked sleepily.

“What do you mean, Vin?” He was playing with my long dark hair, winding it around his finger, curling it. With hair this long, who needed a wig? I think that’s one reason why I ended up wearing a dress more often than not on mugger stakeouts.

“I was just thinking maybe we won’t get another assignment right away. Maybe we can stay here and relax another couple of days before we move on. See a little more of Roanoke, you know?”

“That would be wonderful, wouldn’t it?” he agreed. “We can catch up on our laundry, too. And you can rest your pretty legs.”

I gave him a knowing leer. “I wouldn’t be too sure about that.” I had definite ideas on how I wanted to spend any downtime we got. And that didn’t include sitting inside some Laundromat, watching the spin cycle go round and round. As for my legs, all I wanted to do with them was to wind them around Ethan’s neck while he fucked me into the mattress.

It’s good to have dreams.

“We’ll see about that.” But I knew better. He had the same damn ideas I did, and I knew it.

I kept reminding myself we needed to get up, but my limbs refused to obey. It didn’t help that Ethan had started to rock back and forth, something he liked to do. He said he started doing it as a child, and I can’t say I exactly objected, once I got used to it. The motion was both soothing and comforting… and it was also something we definitely kept to ourselves. I wasn’t about to admit that I liked to be rocked to sleep. I knew we’d never hear the end of it, especially me.

I was spiraling into slumber, drowsy and content and boneless, when a strange sound brought me wide awake and alert. What was that? It almost sounded like something scratching at the door. What the hell?

“Ethan, you hear that?” I cautiously raised my head from his chest.

“Hear what, Vin?”

“Wait for it.” Sure enough a moment later, I heard the scratching again, this time followed by a whimper. And suddenly I knew.

“Oh damn. It’s just the dog.” I flopped back on the bed with a sigh. What had I been thinking? Dogs were like kids. You put something in, you got something out. But with animals, you had to deal with it by taking them out to do their business, instead of putting a diaper on them. Diapers would have been easier.

My idea, my problem to deal with. I began to rise, albeit stiffly, but Ethan drew me back down.
“I’ll take Benny out, you go back to sleep.”

“I can do it,” I half-heartedly objected. “I got us into this, I can—”

“I don’t mind, I’ll just take him out to the parking lot. Be right back.”

I think I was still arguing with him when I fell back asleep. The last words I remember were, “Don’t call him Benny.”

I don’t think he was listening.


I hope you're enjoyed reading about Vinnie and Ethan... and Benny! I'll keep you posted on their progress from flash to novel! In the meantime, go visit the other Briefers, and see what's up with them!







No comments:

Post a Comment