Thursday, June 19, 2014

Tease Me Thursday #15: To The Max

Friday's almost here, you're feeling frisky and want to have some fun, so sit back and let me tease you with Tease Me Thursday!


Today I'm giving you a bit from a WIP that is also an old book of mine, one that is no longer with Dreamspinner. I'm going to polish it off and send it and the sequel to another publisher. I'm talking about my first published book, To The Max. I'll let Max tell you who he is in his own words. Then don't forget to visit the other authors in the hop!

I have no proof one way or the other of the existence of a divine being, but if there is such a person, he or she certainly has a twisted sense of humor. As if I didn't have enough to contend with being born a member of the lycanthropic order, I am also of the homosexual persuasion. In other words, a gay werewolf! Pretty funny, isn't it? And sometimes it's hard to tell where the one leaves off and the other begins...


I'm not sure why I said homosexual persuasion—it's not as if someone persuaded me to be gay, I just am. It's not exactly a conscious choice. After all, who in their right mind would deliberately choose to be of a sexual orientation that’s not exactly mainstream, and often draws the most scathing and condescending of denunciations from the so-called "regular" people? Not I. But as I said, it's not a choice, it just is, so I live with it, having taken some forty odd years to become adjusted to the idea. Now it's just a part of me, a part of who I am, like the werewolf thing. And my innate fashion sense. All right, maybe I'm feeding a stereotype there. Forgive my warped sense of humor.


Now for the link:


No comments:

Post a Comment