Sunday, October 7, 2012

Seven Things About Me

I was recently tagged for this meme by my lovely friend M.A. Church (thank you again for this, MA lol) So blame her if I have too much information here. I'm supposed to tell y'all seven things about me that you may not know. Okay, here goes.

1)  As a kid, I was a major geek, and yes, I was a band geek. I played in both band and orchestra for six years, and I even went to band camp once. (No flute jokes, please, I didn't play flute). What I did play was the oboe. I even took lessons one summer from a member of the St. Louis Symphony.













2). I was briefly a member of a local chapter of Up With People. I only participated in one concert, at a senior citizens home. It was fun. But just now when I googled it, in order to find a picture for this, I saw where it is/was considered to be something of a cult. I had no idea at the time, but I'm talking when I was in 9th grade, I think, so early 70's. Scary, eh?










3) I've been married twice. I was widowed when I was 21, when my first husband was shot to death by the next door neighbor. Long story. It turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me, as he was an abusive alcoholic.


4) My favorite color is blue, particularly midnight blue.


5) Although I have always wanted to be a writer, I've always heard I needed a "real job". So I planned out my life. I would go to George Washington University in Washington DC, major in International Relations and minor in Russian, while also taking piano lessons. Being in DC, I would be able to waltz on down to view the Congress in session. After graduation, I would take the test to get into the Foreign Service (a number of the officers are graduates of GWU), and then proceed to a great career working in various overseas locations.

We see how well that worked out lol

6) I am a major history geek and love various periods even more than others: In the US, the Civil War, Prohibition, WWII, the old West. England: Tudor and Stuart monarchies  France: Richelieu and Napoleon

I have a major crush on Cardinal Richelieu, and am writing a prequel to my series Captivations that includes him as a character.  (Of course, if you look at the header on my blog, that isn't really a secret, now is it? lol)










7) I love to cook, although I'm no chef, but I enjoy making food for the people I love, and I don't consider anything too complicated to try. I've made my own tortellini from scratch, and my own burritos. I make great cheesecakes too!


Okay, my turn to tag seven people, so here goes. I tag:

Nephylum

Cia Nordwell

Lorrie Struiff

Nicki Markus

Lily Sawyer

Margaret West

Marian Lanouette


Until  next time, take care!

♥ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment