Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #8: Top Ten Books With Sexy Heroes

I know I haven't done this for a while, but I've been meaning to. This week is a free topic week, so I'm going to talk about the top ten books I know of that have sexy heroes.



These are in no particular order, just as they come to mind. And remember, sexy is in the eye of the beholder.

1.  Edward Rochester - from Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte There is just something about that brooding, deeply troubled man that is also incredibly sexy.I'm not sure I would have turned him away from the revelation of his insane wife was made, but then again, I don't live in those times, and maybe I'd think differently if I did.

2.  Lucifer - from Lucifer by Mike Carey This is a series of eleven graphic novels about Lucifer, first begun in the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, then spun off by Mike Carey (just forget about the TV show, they've totally got it wrong). Lucifer had charm that's off the meter. He's not just charming, he's sexy and smart, and don't forget he was once an angel. He doesn't tell you something just because he thinks you want to hear it. He believes in free will and speaking the truth. And yeah, he's damn hot.

3. Rhett Butler - from Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. This man is also charming, and very sexy, but he's got a fire that I'd love to warm myself on, and when he loves, he loves deeply. Seeing Clark Gable's face doesn't hurt, but I loved Rhett even before I saw the movie.

4. Dracula - from Dracula by Bram Stoker  My love affair with the Count began when I first read the book, about the age of twelve. That was the first time I was ever turned on by a fictional character, I think, even if I'm not sure I realized it then. He was dark, mysterious, charming (see a pattern here? lol), and a vampire. I may love my werewolves, but I have a special place in my heart for vampires, especially this one.

5. Cardinal Richelieu - from The Cardinal and the Queen by Evelyn Anthony - This is a fictionalized account of the relationship between Cardinal Richelieu and Anne of Austria. Since Richelieu is my historical crush, this is a no-brainer. He's highly intelligent, sexy (at least in my eyes) and wields power without having to possess it. I would have loved to be able to know him.

6. Acheron - from the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon This series is chock full of sexy guys, but Acheron is special. He's hot and he's powerful, he has a mysterious tragic past, and he's every woman's wet dream. (I also have the doll of Acheron, which is fabulous and very sexy!)

7. Sherlock Holmes - from the series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Okay, maybe the man had issues with drugs, but he has a terrific mind, which is sexy alone. And yes, I can't help but think of Benedict Cumberbatch, but once again, I've loved Holmes since way before BC came along lol

8. James Bond - from the series by Ian Fleming Even without the movies, James is sexy, suave, sophisticated, intelligent, and he has some amazing moves. Add Daniel Craig to that mix and you have the perfect man :)

9. Napoleon Bonaparte - from Desiree by Annemarie Selinko and from The Last Love by Thomas Costain I loved the young Napoleon, the eager lover, the ambitious young soldier who wanted only to follow his star. There is just something about him, even after he got older, that I cannot resist. That's why I listed both books, since I loved him in both

10. Edmund Dante - from The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas - Sexy, tragic, generous... it's hard not to want to hold this man and make everything all right.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll stop here lol  I have other things to talk about, just need to find the time. New shows I'm watching. It's been a while, but I'll get there. Thanks for being patient!

If you want to read other people's lists, go here.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to see Acheron and James Bond on your list. Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah some classic men here-great list!!

    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/buy-box-theme-1-for-february.html

    ReplyDelete