Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday Briefs: Into the Spider's Web (Rose and Thorne) Part I and Moving Forward #9

Good morning and Happy Wednesday! If this is Wednesday, then it must be time for some flash fiction from the Wednesday Briefers! We're a group of writers who bring you our best flash fiction, between 500 and 1000 words, inspired by one of our prompts!

Since this is the last Wednesday before Halloween, I decided to give you a special Halloween Rose and Thorne. Today is the first part, and I'll post the next tomorrow and so on until Halloween day. Because of this, next week will be the last regular Rose and Thorne I post. This story takes place before the other one. Vinnie and Ethan are on a case out in LA. Hope you enjoy it!

Then, in Moving Forward, Lee's bought some new duds for him and Marshall for their upcoming cruise. As much as trying clothes on can be, taking them off is even more fun! Don't forget to see what the other Briefers are up to. Their links follow my tales. Enjoy!

Into the Spider's Web Part I


In hindsight, I should have known better.

That’s what everyone says, after the fact, right? I should have seen it coming and been prepared for it. But I didn’t, and I wasn’t.

Ethan and I were part of a task force that was investigating a jewel smuggling syndicate in Los Angeles. Local authorities had reached the end of their proverbial rope and asked the feds for help. So there we were in the land of Perpetual Sunshine and Eternal Smiles, shadowing the activities of one Frederick Ernest Geist, aka the Spider. Whether that was because of his long reach into assorted illegal enterprises, or his preferred method of execution which involved binding his victims much like a spider with a fly, or because he resembled one himself, I couldn’t say.

Maybe it was all of the above.

We’d already been on the case for a month, and had nothing. Zip. Nada. Nothing more than our suspicions. That and fifty cents might get you a cup of coffee. Not here, but somewhere.  But just when things began to look the blackest, deep down in our pit of despair, we received our big break.

 We got a call from our boss, Anderson Riley, who said something big was going down on Halloween night, which was just a couple of days away.  Spider and his wife were throwing a huge bash at their elegant home in the Hollywood Hills. Ethan and I knew that already—that wasn’t exactly news to us. But the kicker was that Anderson had snagged us an invite so we could get inside the party, where the action undoubtedly was, and utilize our keen powers of observation. Fully mic’ed, of course.

We’d been up all night on stake-out duty, and I was bone tired. Anderson’s call had come just as we came out of an upscale convenience store which sold anything you could possibly want twenty-four hours a day. All I wanted was to eat my pot stickers and go to bed. Anderson’s news, while encouraging, was also disheartening at the same time.

“Dammit, a little more notice would have been nice,” I grumbled as Ethan threw our rental car into reverse, almost sideswiping a hippie who’d popped up out of nowhere. Unharmed and unfazed, the tie-dyed lovechild approached the driver’s window, his hand outstretched.

“Can you help a member of the Lost Generation who’s lost his way and fallen on hard times?” he whined.

Annoyed, I turned my steely gaze on him, even as I saw Ethan reach for his wallet. The man appeared to be maybe fifty or sixty years of age, and hadn’t been friendly with a razor blade in quite some time.

“Don’t give him a cent!” I warned Ethan irritably. “He’s no more a member of the Lost Generation than we are. I’d be willing to bet he doesn’t even know what that means or he wouldn’t say it!” I glared at the hippie in annoyance. “So get lost, and hit up someone else who doesn’t have a clue.”
Ethan never paused, just pulled out a few bills and handed it to the man. “Here,” he said. “Get yourself a decent meal, and a haircut.”

“Bless you, sir, bless you,” the panhandler mumbled, stepping back from the car. I just knew that money was going for booze, nothing more. As he turned toward the convenience store, the miscreant stuck his tongue out at me, following it with a one-fingered salute. Before I could react, he’d hotfooted it out of reach and into the store.

I gave Ethan my wasn’t-I -right look, but he didn’t even look abashed.

“Vinnie, everyone falls on hard times. We have so much to be grateful for, I just like to help, that’s all.”

Well, didn’t I feel miserly? Okay, maybe a little. But I still thought he’d gotten one over on us.
Time to change the subject and return to my previous rant.

“What the hell are we supposed to do about costumes? I’m willing to bet all the good ones are taken. We can’t possibly go without a costume.”

We reached our motel, which wasn’t all that far from the convenience store, as I was still carrying on, and carried our food into our room. The sun was just rising, sending purple and pink fingers shooting out along the horizon. We’d have to draw the curtains if we hoped for any sleep.

Laying our bags on a chair, I unholstered my gun and laid it on the bedside table. I was tempted to skip the food and just crawl beneath the blankets, dive into blissful sleep, but my stomach informed me in no uncertain terms that I’d better eat or there’d be no sleep for me.

Ethan had also unholstered his weapon, and in his eyes I could see a look I knew all too well. The one where he intended to make everything right and soothe away my grumps. Sure enough, he sashayed over to me until we were face to face, even if he did stand a few inches taller than me. He slid his hands into my back pockets to anchor me to him, and turned the most beautiful blue eyes in the world on me.

I could feel myself melting already.

“Baby, don’t worry about a thing. I’ll take care of everything. I’ll get our costumes and have them here in time for the big party at Spider’s, okay? Anderson’s overnighting the invitations, so we’ll have those too,” he forestalled my next objection. Now I was out of arguments.

Costumes, costumes. My tired brain tried to tell me something, issue some kind of warning. I told it to shut up, I couldn’t think right now.

“Don’t worry,” Ethan assured me, pulling me closer. “I’ve got you covered. I always do, don’t I?”

I let myself give in to his warmth, his charm, and his confidence. If anyone could do it, Ethan could. I just had to trust in him.

Famous last words.

to be continued

Moving Forward #9

Marshall certainly wasn’t stupid. He knew that anything that entailed dressing meant undressing first. Both prospects were pleasing to him. Getting the new clothes made the cruise seem even more real. He’d been looking forward to going ever since Lee gave him the tickets at Christmas. Marshall had never been any farther from home than San Antonio since he was reunited with Lee, eight years before. Not that he minded that, but seeing more of the world, with Lee, was beyond exciting.

Lee had sorted the clothes according to owner, setting Marshall’s things on his half of their bed. Marshall didn’t know what he wanted to try on first, as he picked up each item of clothing and examined it with interest. They were all in tasteful colors, nothing as garish as you might see on a Hawaiian tourist. Marshall knew Lee had better taste than that.

“What should I try first?”

“Start with the swim suits. If they don’t fit, or if you don’t like them, I can send them back and get something else.”

Marshall quickly pulled his T-shirt over his head and tossed it on the bed, followed by his jeans. He wore no shoes, preferring to pad around the house on bare feet, and not intending to go anywhere anyway. He selected a pair of blue trunks with a splash of orange for contrast and pulled them on. They came halfway down his thigh and fit perfectly, neither too short nor too loose.

He twisted to glance behind him, wondering how his ass looked in them.

“Looks mighty fine,” Lee assured him. “Do you like them?”

“I do, they feel good. Did you get any like these for you?”

“Something similar,” Lee replied.

Marshall grinned. “Try them on. I want to see you in them.”

Lee didn’t bother to argue, just began a slow strip tease that made Marshall’s mouth water and his blood boil. Suddenly he was less interested in seeing Lee wear the swim suit as seeing him naked.
By the time Lee’d removed every stitch of clothing, Marshall’s cock was straining, and his suit fit a whole lot tighter than when he’d put it on. He tried to be discreet about shifting its position, but Lee never missed a thing, and his maneuvering didn’t help.

“You’re not gonna have an accident in your new swim suit are you?” Lee glanced pointedly at Marshall’s crotch.

“Maybe I should take them off, just in case,” Marshall suggested.

Lee glanced from Marshall to the bed covered in clothing. “I know what you have in mind, boy. My question is where do you think we’re going to do it? And don’t tell me you intend to throw all these clean clothes on the floor, ‘cause I’m pretty sure you know better than that.”

Marshall did know better than that, and wasn’t even about to suggest such a thing. But he also knew he wanted Lee in the worst possible way. And where there is a will, there’s always a way.

“Mmhmm, I do,” he said as he shimmied out of the trunks and laid them carefully on the bed. “Trust me, I know better.”

Marshall glanced at Lee’s crotch. Lee was hard too, always a good sign. He began a slow walk around the bed, toward Lee, his eyes fixed on his goal.  Lee never moved, but it seemed to Marshall his cock twitched, just rarin’ to go.

Just what he liked to see.

“What didja have in mind?” Lee asked in a throaty voice as he approached.

“You,” Marshall said candidly. “Only you. Want you inside me. Right now.”

“Right now?”

“Oh yes, right now,” Marshall affirmed, his own voice trembling with desire.

“C’mere, boy,” Lee commanded and Marshall stepped closer to him without hesitation.

When Lee reached behind him and swatted his ass, Marshall understood what he meant. He placed one hand on each of Lee’s shoulders and used them as leverage to lift himself from the floor. Lee caught him and wrapped his arms around Marshall. Marshall twined his legs about Lee, locking them behind him.

Their lips met in a passionate kiss, their cocks rubbing gloriously together. Lee spun them about and took a few steps, holding tightly to Marshall. Marshall felt the wall against his back, and he had an inkling of what Lee intended to do. He heartily approved.

They came up for air as Lee maneuvered them into a better position for what he had in mind. He pinioned some of Marshall’s weight against the wall, freeing one of his hands. He placed the thumb of his left hand in his mouth, sucking on it for makeshift lube before moving the hand back between Marshall’s legs. He spread Marshall’s cheeks with his fingers and dipped his thumb inside.

Goddamn that felt good.

Lee pushed his thumb all the way inside and then carefully added a finger, stretching Marshall’s muscle. Marshall moaned, squeezing his muscles about Lee’s digits. “Fuck me,” he begged, “fuck me hard. Please…”

Lee removed his hand from Marshall’s channel. A moment later, Marshall felt Lee’s cockhead nudge at his opening and then Lee pushed inside him, his hands cupping Marshall’s ass now, holding him balanced against the wall.

“Is that what you want?” Lee murmured in Marshall’s ear.

“God yes,” Marshall replied in heartfelt tones.

Lee rocked up inside of him, and Marshall clutched him tighter, as if he could draw him in farther that way. This wasn’t the first time they’d used this position, and no doubt it wouldn’t be the last. It had its advantages and its disadvantages. But generally it was dictated by necessity and by the heat of the moment.

Marshall knew he’d never grow tired of having Lee inside of him, no matter how old he got to be. The sensations of their lovemaking never diminished, nor grew old.

His cock, trapped between them, was weeping salty fluid  but he couldn’t touch himself. Not now.
Definitely not until Lee gave him permission.

to be continued

Now go see what the other Briefers have been up to!



And now for a surprise! As a special added bonus, those who follow my Halloween tale until Friday will find out how to win something from my backlist! Details on Halloween!





No comments:

Post a Comment