Saturday, October 15, 2011

Guest Blogger Drea Becraft

Welcome if you will Drea Becraft, who's here to talk to us about secrets - is it ever necessary to keep one? Food for thought! While Drea and I get comfortable in the kitchen, why don't you see what she has to say on the subject. Drea, let me rustle up some tea!









Fine Line
Blog By Drea Becraft

            Everyone has one…a deep dark secret.
            But where is the line between a secret and a life altering omission?  I have my fair share of secrets things I keep inside to protect myself or people around me but none are so serious that it would be life altering.  We are all taught as children to tell the truth and if something is really important to tell an adult.  As a child I kept a lot more in than out and let it build up until I thought I was about to explode.  As an adult I often find myself doing the same thing but in bigger scale until the stress is to much to handle and I go completely off my rocker lol.
            In my newest Release Forget The Yesterdays my heroine has a life altering secret revealed to her that changes her entire life.  Once Sam’s secret is revealed, her feelings are hurt and she finds herself mad at the people who have kept it from her.
            So here is my question.  When is it okay to keep a secret?  Is there an okay reason to keep a secret?

Blurb: Forget The Yesterdays:    
Release Date: September 12, 2011
For Buy Links: http://www.dreabecraft.com 

Some say the past defines us, others say to forget it and move forward. For Jack McCloud, the past plagues him with what could and should have been. After the death of the only woman he ever truly loved, Jack finds that forgetting the yesterdays is harder then he ever imagined. Impossible, until one woman comes into his life and turns it upside down making him rethink where his future leads, and whether he really wants to survive it on his own.

Samantha Larsh, a single mother, only wants what is best for her and her newborn son. So when offered a job at ARC Management, she is elated at the opportunity to provide the life they both desperately need. One day, one job, and one secret later her life would be forever changed. Can the future handed to her by fate be enough for her to look forward to tomorrow, or is she forever doomed to live in the shadow of yesterdays ghost

Excerpt:

His dream began with the sound of the surf reaching his ears, the sunlight gently shining through his closed eyes.

Are you just going to lay there?”

Peeking through his lashes, he saw Tina. “I was working on my tan.”

As if you aren’t already too good looking. The last thing you need is a tan.”

Grabbing her hand, Jack pulled her down on top of him, holding her to his chest. “It’s been a couple of months. I missed you.”

You know I have places to go and people to see.”

Reaching up, he tucked a piece of her auburn hair behind her ears. “Too busy to haunt
little old me, huh?”

Never!” Leaning down, she kissed his mouth, running her tongue along the seam of his lips, asking silently for entrance.

Jack pulled her tongue into his mouth and sucked on it lightly, at first, then more forcefully. Running his hands up and down her bikini-clad body, he reveled in the feeling of her skin beneath his hands.

Pulling away slightly, Jack looked up to her face as the sun shown behind her, giving her the appearance of having a halo. Tears shown in her eyes, making him wonder why she was so sad. They were on a beach together, nothing could be better.

Reaching up, he brushed the tear from her cheek. “What’s the matter darlin’?”

I’m going to miss you so much.”

What are you talking about? We always have tomorrow.”

I can’t keep coming to you, Jack. It’s time you move on. I want you to be happy.”

I won’t be happy without you. I can’t be happy without you.”

Yes you can and you will. Promise me you will move on.”

Turning his face away from her, he watched as the surf receded into the sea. Feeling her small hand cupping his cheek, he allowed her to bring his face back to hers.

Please, Jack, for me.” A tear ran down her cheek, hitting him just below his nose and running down his lips.

Licking the tear away, he ran his hands up her arms to the back of her head, pulling her down to meet his hungry lips. Kissing her with every ounce of love in his body, he couldn’t stop, like a man possessed. Never leaving the kiss, he rolled over on top of her, her back in the sand.

Pulling away from her mouth had been about the hardest thing he ever had to do, but he couldn’t resist looking into her hazel eyes. “I can’t promise, because I never want to break a promise to you T. I will try my best… that I can promise you.”

That’s all a girl can ask for.”

I will never stop loving you, never.”

I’m not asking you to. I believe there is enough love in your heart for more than one though.”

I seriously doubt it. No one is you Tina, you’re the one I need and want.”

I know but sometimes, the heart knows what it can and cannot handle before the brain catches up. Trust your heart baby, it will never steer you wrong.”

A loud beeping sound seemed to come from the waves, getting louder and louder with each beep.

Its time for you to go, I love you. Always have, always will.” Kissing him, she disappeared in front of his eyes.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Reaching for the alarm clock, Jack pressed the snooze button and sat up in bed. Blinking to clear his eyes, he could have sworn he saw Tina standing in the corner of his room, waving goodbye.

I love you, always have, and always will.” Jack smiled at her as once again she disappeared, leaving him to stare at the empty room.


Your book sounds intriguing, Drea! Have any questions or comments for Drea? She'd love to hear from you!


Thanks for being here, Drea, it's been a real pleasure.


Until next time, take care!

♥ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment